The Beverly Hills Day of Wellness will take place Sept. 10 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Roxbury Park and Community Center. The event will feature over 35 free classes, workshops and self-care practices to choose from. All ages are invited to engage in hands-on experiences exploring aspects of mental, physical and emotional well-being. Forty experts will also be on hand to share their expertise in areas such as nutrition, fitness, mindfulness, mental health, wellness strategies and therapies, and more.
Free classes and workshops include:
• Yoga, Thai Chi, Chair Yoga for Kids, Pilates, High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), Krav Maga Self-Defense Training, and more;
• Social Media Safety: How to Keep Families Safe Online;
• Mental Health Workshops include Teen Mental Health; Hypnosis Sound Bath to Lower Anxiety and Boost Confidence; Uncovering Resilience: The Science Behind Connection and Wellbeing; Let’s Address Stress: Tips for Building Resiliency from the Inside Out;
• Nutrition Strategies: Nutrition and Mental Health: How Food & Supplements Affect Mood; and, Less Sweets, More Sweat: Hypnosis to Achieve Health Goals;
• Family Wellbeing: Family Reconnection Exercises to Making Family Relationships Stronger and, Building Bridges: Conflict Resolution for the Whole Family
• Inner Dimensions of Wellbeing, Singalong for Wellness and How to Be Your Best Self!
The Beverly Hills Teen Advisory Committee will lead a teen wellness station where community members can express their creativity by handcrafting dream catchers or meditate on the future while creating vision boards.
Also, with so much research on how animals can help improve mental health, Wags and Walks Animal Rescue will have a mix of puppies in an area for people to experience the therapeutic joy of the animal/human connection.
Ridesharing is encouraged. Parking is available at Roxbury Park and Community Center but may be limited due to event crowd. Additional parking is available at Beverly Hills High School, 241 S. Moreno Drive (Entrance off S. Moreno Drive and Durant Drive). A shuttle will run between Beverly Hills High School and Roxbury Park every 10 minutes from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Beverly Hills Day of Wellness is presented in partnership with the City of Beverly Hills Community Services Department, the Human Relations Commission, the Recreation and Parks Commission and the Health and Safety Commission.
For the full schedule of events and list of health and wellness providers, visit beverlyhills.org/dayofwellness.