The city of Beverly Hills is joining other communities across the state to recognize July as “Parks Make Life Better” month. This statewide initiative, recognized by the California Parks and Recreation Society, is a public awareness campaign promoting the benefits of parks, recreational activities, and community services for people of all ages. Parks and recreation programs pro- mote health and wellness, improving the physical and mental well-being of residents and visitors.
The city of Beverly Hills makes lives better for residents by providing 15 parks with over 87 acres of park space in a city that is densely populated and 5.7 square miles. These parks provide the space for activities and programs for everyone, offering baseball fields, soccer fields, tennis courts, Pickleball courts, jogging paths, outdoor exercise equipment, picnic areas and playgrounds.
Upcoming events at Beverly Hills parks include:
· July 6 – Beverly Canon Gardens, 6-8 p.m., concert with a 60’s Tribute Band;
· July 13 – Roxbury Park Community Center, 4:30 p.m., Sound & Breathwork Meditation for adults;
· July 14 – Roxbury Park Community Center, 5 p.m., Family Bingo;
· July 19 – La Cienega Park, 3-4 p.m., Youth and Family Drum Circle;
· July 26 – Roxbury Park, 7 p.m., Shakespeare by the Sea performance of The Tragedy of Hamlet
For additional information about the city’s Parks and Recreation programs, visit www.beverlyhills.org/parksmakelifebetter.